If you are a Google Chrome user then you can disable article suggestions in it. Google provides them to you as they look very relevant to your interests and with your previous searches. Sometimes, people don’t like article suggestions in their apps because they can be annoying and unwanted. These suggestions could be distracting while using the app too.
After a recent neat update, it is possible to disable article suggestions in Google Chrome.
How to Disable Article Suggestions in Google Chrome (Android and iOS)
Follow the given instruction to disable article suggestions in Google Chrome:
For Android Users
- Go to Google Chrome app in your Android device.
- Go to the URL address bar and start typing ‘Chrome://flags’ and press the ‘Enter’ key to open it.
- You’ll see a search field at the top on this page, type ‘#enable-ntp-remote-suggestions‘ and search for it.
- Tap on the drop-down menu and select ‘disabled’ option.
- Now, relaunch chrome.
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the vertical three dots at the top-right corner. Tap on ‘Settings > Privacy’.
- Make sure ‘Search and site suggestions’ is ‘On’. This will not affect your site suggestion in searches.
Note: You are attempting these Chrome://flags features at your own risk. As they are experimental features, we will not be responsible for any data loss and privacy concerns.
For iOS Users
- First of all, launch your Chrome browser in your iPhone.
- Go to the top-right corner and click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ button. There will be three vertical dots.
- Tap on ‘Settings’.
- Scroll downwards, under the ‘Advanced’ section, turn ‘Off’ the ‘Article Suggestions’ feature.
- Open ‘Privacy’ under ‘Advanced’, and make sure the ‘Search and site suggestion’ feature is ‘On’.
This should take care of disabling article suggestions in Google Chrome for Android as well as for iOS devices. We hope this guide was helpful to you. We share latest technology trends also, make sure you check them. Follow us on social media too.