In this guide, you’ll be able to fix the Server DNS Address could not be found in Google Chrome. How?
Well, I will show you some quick and easy steps to fix ‘Server DNS Address could not be found‘ error. This problem has been seen widely over the internet and people out there have been looking out for the quick solution. So, I thought let me solve it for you.
What is the cause of “Server DNS Address could not be found” error?
Before jumping towards the solution, let us learn what is the cause of this error.
We know the websites work on the packet to packet communication via IP address allotted to that particular domain name. Here, DNS server resolves the request sent by the client from his/her browser. When it fails to retrieve the site you are trying to visit, then you see this error.
In most of the cases, DNS address issue occurs when the domain you are trying to visit is down at the server end.
Various Methods to Fix ‘Server DNS Address could not be found’ Error in Google Chrome
- Clear the Host Cache of Google Chrome
- Clear ‘Etc’ folder of your PC
- Update DNS Server Addresses
- Restart DNS Client Service
- Flush and Renew DNS Cache
Method 1: Clear the Host Cache of Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome’s host cache is corrupted or full, then this may be the reason that you are facing this error. To clear host cache in Chrome:
- Open your Google Chrome and type ‘Chrome://net-internals/#dns‘ in URL and hit the enter key.
- Click on the button ‘Clear host cache‘.
- Restart Chrome and check if the problem is gone or not.
Method 2: Clear ‘Etc’ Folder of your PC
Sometimes, your host file of PC can be creating problems and you have to fix it from there.
- Press ‘Win + R’ key to open ‘Run’.
- Type ‘C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc‘ and delete all the files in this folder.
- Select all files and press the ‘Delete’ button.
This is an easy fix and you should be able to solve your problem after this method.
Method 3: Update DNS Server Addresses
Your PC should be having the right DNS server addresses configured. If you can not be able to access the internet properly, the reason might be the incorrect or slow DNS server addresses. To update DNS:
- Right-click on the ‘Wi-Fi’ icon at your taskbar and click on ‘Open Network & Internet Settings‘.
- Under ‘Change your network settings’, click on ‘Change adapter options‘.
- Right-click on your current connection and choose the ‘Properties‘ option.
- Select the ‘TCP/IPc4‘ option and then click on the ‘Properties‘ button.
- Select the option ‘Use the following DNS server addresses‘.
- Enter the Google public DNS addresses here. For ‘Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11‘ and for ‘Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168‘.
- Check the option ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and click ‘OK’.
Now, try visiting the website again and your problem should have fixed.
Method 4: Restart DNS Client Service
This is a hit or miss method but sometimes it can be effective too. It can be able to fix the problem in just one step.
- Press ‘Win + R’ key and in ‘Run’, type ‘Services.msc‘ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Find the service named ‘DNS Client‘.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Restart’. Or you can simply stop it first then start it again.
Method 5: Flush and Renew DNS Cache
if the problem still persists, you need to flush the DNS cache of your PC and renew it again. To do this:
- In ‘Start’ menu, type ‘CMD’ and right-click on it then select ‘Run as administrator‘.
- Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns‘ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Type again ‘ipconfig /renew‘ and press ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, type ‘ipconfig /registerdns‘ and again press ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Restart your PC and now the problem should have resolved.
BONUS: You know in some countries, there is a possible reason that the website you are trying to visit is blocked by some reasons. But don’t worry, you can always use the VPN (Virtual private network) services anytime. Use ‘Hola VPN‘ extension for Google Chrome, select the country and you can be able to visit the website again.
Note: If the problem is at the server’s end that means at the owner’s end, then there is nothing you can do. You can simply contact him from his social media or somewhere else. Telling him/her that your website is down.
Hope, your ‘Server DNS Address could not be found’ problem might be fixed by now. If not, comment down your problem in detail and we will be in touch with you. We also share the latest technology trends, make sure you check them out. Follow us on our social media also.