Facebook users have been complaining about Facebook keeps stopping issue on their devices. Unfortunately, if you are one of those users then this post will help you in fixing stopping Facebook app issue.
You can browse the Facebook news feed in your desktop/laptops/mobile browsers but the Facebook app gives you the next level of experience. I know not on every device but it’s good and that’s the reason why you use it.
There can be several reasons that you are having crashing problems on your Facebook app.
Reasons for Facebook keeps stopping
- It might be a temporary problem, maybe the next update can fix this easily.
- If you have just installed the custom ROM then it might be the compatibility issues.
- Third-party services or apps might be conflicting with the Facebook app.
- Firmware issues.
- Some cache of the Facebook app might be corrupted.
Above mentioned are the most common reasons but there can be other obviously. The guide given below can help you in fixing your issues with the Facebook app.
How to Fix Facebook Keeps Stopping problem
- Update the Facebook App
- Clear Cache and Data of Facebook App
- Delete and Reinstall the Facebook App
- Restart your Device
- Delete Corrupted System Cache
- Back up and Reset your Device
Step by Step Guide to Fix Facebook App Crashes
Here are some on the go steps that you should perform for fixing Facebook keeps stopping issue. Now, please note that the steps mentioned below are applicable on both Android as well as on iOS devices. Also, make sure you have a high-speed working internet connection.
Note: All the steps given below are tested and tried by me on my Android device. I didn’t lose any of my personal data and I hope if done right, you will not too. You don’t have to complete all the steps, just keep checking the Facebook app after performing each step and leave rest of the remaining further steps.
Step 1: Update the Facebook App
The very first step you should perform when you face this issue is that update the Facebook app on your device.
- Go to the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Check if there is an update of Facebook app pending. Update it from there.
- Now, try opening the app and if it was the temporary bug then it would have been 101% fixed.
Step 2: Clear Cache and Data of Facebook App (Android)
- Tap and hold on the Facebook app, click on the little ‘i’ (App info) icon.
- Click on the ‘Storage’ option.
- Tap on ‘Clear Cache’ and then on ‘Clear Data’ button.
- Also, check your storage, if you can delete some unused apps or data to make some space.
- Go to the Facebook app and check if it’s working or not.
Step 3: Delete and Reinstall the Facebook App
- Tap and hold on Facebook then drag it and uninstall it. Or simply, click on uninstall option and remove it. In iOS, tap and hold on the app and click on the little cross icon then choose the uninstall option to remove it.
- Go to Playstore/Appstore, search for Facebook and install the app.
- Open it and try logging in again into your account.
- How To Fix Tik Tok Musical.ly Errors – Step By Step Guide
- GBWhatsApp Vs OGWhatsApp Vs WhatsApp Plus: Comparison
Step 4: Restart your Device
An easy restart of your device can sometimes help in fixing this problem very quickly. All you have to do is:
- Press and hold your ‘Power’ button of the device.
- Click on ‘Restart’ option and that’s it.
- Wait for the device to boot-in again and try the Facebook app again. It should be working.
Step 5: Delete Corrupted System Cache
This is somehow complicated for those don’t know a thing about rooting or flashing stuff.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button and restart your device.
- Then before the logo of your device, you have to press ‘Volume down’ key to open boot options. You can check how to open for your device on Google.
- Open ‘Recovery’ then go to Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select Cache > Swipe to wipe. I’m using TWRP recovery so my Android’s wiping cache system works like this. When you are done with ‘Wipe cache partition’, restart your device.
Step 6: Backup and Reset your Device
- First of all, connect your phone with the laptop and backup the data of your phone into your laptop. Copy your personal data from phone to your laptop. Don’t worry your data will not be deleted, it is for just to be on the safe side.
- In Android Oreo, head over to your ‘Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset App Preferences’.
- Tap on ‘Reset Apps’.
- After that, choose the option ‘Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth’.
- Tap on ‘Reset Settings’ after selecting your SIM card, if your phone is dual SIM.
- There is a third option also which will reset your whole device and delete all your data, please don’t select it. Otherwise, it is totally up to you.
- Now, set up your device and download the Facebook app. That should be working properly now.
- JioTV Web Version – Watch Live TV On Your Computer
- Download Live Net TV APK For Android | Latest Version
Comment down if your Facebook keeps stopping issue has been fixed or not. We also share the latest technology trends, make sure you check them. Follow us on our social media for latest updates.