This article is all about how you can fix Nox Player errors with step-by-step instructions. This guide is having required solutions for all the errors in Nox Player.
With the aid of Android Emulators, all the cool and high-end Android games can be played on Windows PC/Mac Computer. Nox App Player is a freeware Android OS Emulator application which supports games and Google Play Store. It allows any user to play any android games on your PC. It supports Keyboards, gamepads, script recording, and others. Although it is considered as a freeware application, it does include adware for generating revenue.
Features of Nox Player:
- Nox Emulator updates regularly to fix bugs.
- Nox Player is stable and works without crashes, unlike other emulators.
- It lets you run all latest android apps and games on your computer or PC.
- Nox Player works seamlessly on both Windows and Mac.
- It supports multiple control options including a joystick, sketch board, etc.
- Nox allows the user to map their keyboard bindings for ease of use.
- Multiple instances of Nox Player are possible.
- Built on a Custom Virtual Machine.
Even though Nox Player boasts on being one of the best Android Emulators in the field, the app is not void of errors. Every now and then, errors pop-up, disrupting the gaming experience of users. Here we will show you the several errors that pop-up in the Nox Player and methods on how to solve them easily.
How To Fix Nox Player Errors [Step-By-Step Instructions]
As mentioned above, there are several errors that Nox Player has to go through which spoils the user experience. Luckily, there are methods to fix Nox Player errors and bugs. Below is the list of errors a user can face and methods on how to solve them.
Error 1: Nox Player stuck at 99% during loading Screen.
This is one of the most common errors faced by many users. It usually occurs when your BIOS obstruct you from using the Virtualization technology.
To run the Nox Player App, VT or Virtualization Technology must be enabled. If you don’t know how to enable it, simply open the Run Dialog Box and type “dxdiag” in it. A window will pop-up which will hold your BIOS details. To enable the virtualization extensions in BIOS, follow the below steps.
- Reboot the computer and open the system’s BIOS menu. This can be done by pressing the “Delete” key, the “F1” key or “ALT+F4” key depending on the system.
- Open the Processor submenu. The processor sets may be hidden in Advanced CPU Configuration.
- Enable Intel Virtualization Technology (or also known as Intel VT) or AMD-V depending on the brand of the processor.
- Enable Intel VTd or AMD IOMMU, if the options are available. These are used for PCI passthrough.
- Select Save and Exit.
- Power off the machine and disconnect the power supply.
- Power on the machine and run Nox Player. It should run now.
If the graphics card installed in your system has an OpenGL version less than 2.0, then you need to change the graphics card.
Error 2: “System Failed to Start, Please Contact Customer Service”
To fix this error, follow the steps given below:
- If you are running a 64 bit Windows, then apart from the Program Files, there will be one more folder names as Program Files (x86).
- Navigate to this folder and locate the BigNox folder under it.
- Open the folder and double-click on the “uninst” file present inside it.
- Now, restart the Nox Player App. This should fix the Nox Player error.
- If this doesn’t work, then check your Firewall settings. Disable Firewall and launch Nox Player. If it launches successfully, then it shows that the Firewall is blocking Nox from launching. Navigate to Firewall settings and allow access to Nox Player.
Also, please note that if there are any other emulators running apart from Nox, then you are required to uninstall the other emulators before launching the Nox Player.
Error 3: Nox App Player Virtual Machine Error.
Nox Player is a virtual machine that creates a virtual Android environment on your Windows PC/Mac Computer. Sometimes when launching the Nox Player, the virtual machine error pops-up.
- Please navigate to “C:\Program Files\BigNox\BigNox\VM\RT\drivers\XQHDrv” folder
- Locate and right-click on “XQHDrv.inf” and choose install.
- Then restart the Nox Player.
Also, please uninstall other android emulators present in your PC as it can result in a conflict of errors.
Error 4: “Nox has to reboot for some reason” – Error 1006
There are 3 solutions for this error when launching the Nox Player.
- Check if you have the latest version of Nox Player. Normally, previous versions will have bugs which will interfere with your gaming.
- It is always required to update to the latest version as every update vanquishes some of the major bugs.
- Open Nox’s multi-instance manager.
- Click the settings icon resembling a gear.
- Locate the “Graphics rendering mode” and change between the two options.
- Save and re-launch Nox Player and it should be fixed.
- Make sure to try both the options: “OpenGL” and “DirectX”.
Upgrade or Degrade your graphics driver to find a compatible version that works with Nox Player
Error 5: Error 1020 – “Virtual Machine failed to start”
Error 1020 – Virtual Machines failed to start is the error which common and is easily fixable too. Do the following steps given below:
- Restart the computer.
- Right-click on the Nox icon located on your desktop screen, and select the “Open File Location” option in the menu.
- Click on “Nox” located in the address bar to go back to the Nox Folder.
- Once in the Nox folder, locate and enter the “noxvm” folder.
- There will be a NOXVM icon. Right-click it and run it as an administrator. The issue should be fixed.
Error 6: “Nox Player has Stopped Working”
If the above error is being displayed, you can fix it by adjusting the size of the Virtual Memory Paging File. By default, the virtual memory size is managed by Windows and it could change automatically. To solve this problem, follow the below steps to change the paging file size.
- Right-click the computer icon present on your desktop screen.
- Click Properties and go to Advanced System Settings in the left navigation panel.
- In the System Properties window, go to Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance.
- Choose Advanced again and click the Change button.
- Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and select “Custom size” below it.
- Set the size based on your computer’s memory. It is suggested that you set the size x1.5 of your present computer’s memory. If your computer has 2GB of memory, you could set the virtual memory size between 2048MB to 4096MB.
- Once you are done inputting, click Set and then the Ok button.
- Restart the computer and Nox Player should start working successfully.
Error 7: Error 1005 – “Graphics Outdated, Update it before use”
This error occurs if your graphics driver hasn’t been updated to the latest version. So, check if you have the latest version of the graphics driver. If you have the latest version and is still facing the same issue, follow the below steps.
- Open the Multi-Instance Manager.
- Locate and select the gear icon representing the system settings.
- Choose the “OpenGL” graphics rendering mode and select “High” under Performance settings.
- Click Save Settings and re-launch Nox Player. This should fix the error.
If you haven’t been able to fix Nox Player errors already or you haven’t been able to see it in this list, then comment down your error and let us know.
Error 8: “Cannot obtain the app name, failed to save”
In Nox Player, a user can customize the keymap bindings and appoint specific keys to each action in accordance with the game for ease of gaming in PC.
Sometimes when you try to save the Keymap bindings, you may get the error mentioned in the above title. Follow the below instructions to solve the error.
- Navigate to the Nox Player System settings by clicking on the gear icon located in the upper right corner.
- Click “Advanced Settings” and change the resolution of Nox Player which is compatible with your PC.
- Save the settings and set the keymap bindings. Save it and it should be saved now.
If the above solution didn’t work for you, try disabling the anti-virus and try setting the keymap bindings. Hopefully, it works now.
Error 9: “Google Play Authentication is Required”
This is a common error that occurs across all Android devices. This error is easily fixable too. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to Android Settings >> Apps >> “All” >> Google Play Store/Google Play Services/Google Play Games/Google Service Framework/Google Contacts Sync >> “Clear Data”.
- Be sure to clear the data and cache from all the 5 apps and services.
If the above method hasn’t solved the issue, then try the below solution along with the 1st solution.
- Go to Settings and navigate to Accounts.
- Click on your account. Locate the 3 vertical dots and click it.
- A drop-down menu will appear and click “Remove Account”.
- After the removal of account is done, re-launch Nox Player and sign-in again with your Google account from Play Store.
If the 2 methods above do not work, you can try the “Uninstall Updates” from the Google Play Store interface. This will take you back to the version of the Play Store currently installed in Nox Player.
Error 10: Cannot Connect to the Internet in Nox Player
Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet before launching Nox Player. If it is connected, you can open a browser in Nox Player and see if it works accordingly.
If the apps fail to connect to the internet in Nox, follow the below steps.
- Turn off Wifi in Nox and use Android Data.
- Plugin your Internet Cable.
- Restart your computer.
- Create a new Instance and see if that specific instance can connect to the Internet.
- If it still doesn’t work, try using a VPN and check if it works.
If a certain app is not connected to the internet, try cleaning the local socket settings by following the below steps.
- Click “Start” and type “cmd” in the search bar.
- The command prompt option will appear. Right-click on it and run it as an Administrator.
- In the command prompt, input the following command “netsh winsock reset” and execute it by pressing the Enter Key.
- Restart the Computer
So, these were the possible solutions for all the above errors that take place in the Nox Player App. If some of the fixes for Nox Player errors are not viable, a complete re-install is required to clear of all the registry and unneeded data.
Please let us know in the comment section below if you were able to fix Nox Player errors or not. If you are experiencing any other issues not mentioned in the above guide, then please feel free to mention in the comment section below.
- Fix PhonePe Errors – A Complete Error Fixing Guide For PhonePe App
- PayPal Account Restricted – Why And What Actions You Can Take?
- Apple Watch 5 Rumors: Expected Price, Specifications & Release Date
- How To Install Jio Cinema Without Jio SIM? [3 Step Process]
- Elon Musk Plans To Launch Tesla Robotaxi By 2020