Disney+ Hotstar is a video-on-demand subscription-based streaming service that is owned by Star India, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. Hotstar has a massive inventory of content ranging from kids to adult shows. A lot of users are reporting Error NM 4000 in Hotstar. In this article, we will tell you what causes this issue and how you can solve it.
What causes Error NM 4000?
Disney+ Hotstar error NM 4000 shows up only if the app or website is not able to identify the location. This issue only occurs when a person is using a VPN to watch Disney+ Hotstar contents. VPN and proxy websites block a person’s location data that cause the site to display the error NM 4000.
Related: How To Fix DRM Issue In Hotstar? [Easy Solution]
How To fix Hotstar Error NM 4000? [Try Following Methods]
Quick steps to fix this issue:
- Disable proxies, VPNs and other third-party software.
- Change the network settings to “Automatic”.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Contact your ISP.
According to Disney+ Hotstar, its content archives varies from place to place. When a user uses a VPN service in their place that information is hidden. Thus, you will not be capable to watch or download content when connected with a VPN. Just follow the given steps to resolve this issue:
- First, you need to disable all proxies, VPNs, or any other software that can change your internet other than your current countries. Doing this will help the organization provide you with better services and it may also help you stream your favourite contents without any further complications.
- It is also profoundly advised that users make sure that the network settings of their device are fixed to Automatic. To do this, hit windows icon and search for “Network Connections”, then right-click on your “Current connection”. Click on “Properties” and find “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” then double-click on it to view its properties. Make sure the “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically” settings are selected only.
- If the user requires guidance disconnecting from these services or re-establishing their connection’s original settings, they should contact their service provider or the device manufacturer.
- If the problem still persists and you continue to encounter this issue, you should try consulting your ISP. They will surely be able to discover why the IP address is detecting a VPN or proxy.
We sincerely hope that the information mentioned above is informative on Hotstar Error NM 4000 and how to solve this issue.