People who do not have access to a smart tv and who just possess a normal tv usually tend to buy the amazon firestick so that they can watch their favourite show in Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and many more such OTT platform. When one of such OTT platforms like Disney+ Hotstar does not work on the firestick it can be such a letdown. Let us see how can this Hotstar not working on Firestick issue can be fixed.
This is one of the most common issues faced by people and this occurs when the app wants you to refresh it.
Quick ways to fix Disney+ Hotstar on Firestick:
- Sign out of Disney+ Hotstar app and clear cache/data.
- Uninstall the Hotstar app.
- Re-install the Hotstar app.
- Update the Hotstar app.
How To Fix Hotstar Not Working On Firestick Issue Quickly
Follow the steps given below:
Signing Out of Disney+ Hotstar
- Go to Tv Home Screen.
- Select Settings.
- Now, select Applications.
- Select Manage All Installed Applications.
- Scroll down to Disney+ Hotstar and select it.
- Now, select Cache and Clear Data.
- Search for Force Stop and click it.
- Open the Disney+ Hotstar App and sign in again back and check if it is working or not.
By doing this your Hotstar not working on the Firestick issue will be fixed, if still it is not fixed then there is another method that you can try, which is given below.
Uninstalling the Disney+ Hotstar App
- In your Amazon Firestick Tv remote, press the home button.
- Select Settings then,
- Select Applications.
- Now, select Manage All Applications.
- Select Disney+ Hotstar by scrolling down.
- Now, there is 2 option it is either to delete or uninstall.
- Select either delete or uninstall.
Once the above steps are done you would want to reinstall Disney+ Hotstar to start watching your favorite content in it, so below are the steps of Install Disney+ Hotstar
Installing Back Hotstar App
- On your Amazon Fire Tv home screen.
- Select Search.
- Then type or using voice command search Disney+ Hotstar
- Select Disney+ Hotstar in the search menu.
- Once again, Select Disney+ Hotstar to go to the download page.
- Now, click on download/GET to start downloading it.
- The download will be finished.
- Click on Open now.
- There will be an option to sign in.
- Click the Sign-In option.
- Enter your credentials and try to play any content in it.
The above steps should be able to fix any type of issues including the issue that you were facing in the first place, which was Hotstar not working on firestick.
If none of the above methods worked then you can try to update to the latest version of the Disney+ Hotstar app
Updating Hotstar to the latest version
- Sign out of the Fire TV app
- Visit this URL http://hotstar.com on your phone and make sure you sign out there as well.
- Now open this URL http://hotstar.com/activate on the same browser
- Sign in with your credentials that have the Disney+ Hotstar subscription.
- Sign-in in Fire Tv Disney+ Hotstar App as well.
- There will be a code that will be displayed on your Fire Tv after signing in on Fire TV.
- Enter that code in the Fire Tv App on the phone browser.
This should fix all the issues that you were facing with the Disney+ Hotstar Fire Tv app.