Wondering why Hulu keeps buffering all the time? We can fix this problem with 4 simples methods. Learn more about the reasons behind it.
Hulu is an American subscription video service fully controlled and majority-owned by Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer. It offers great content for a monthly subscription.
Hulu is direct in competition with other streaming giants such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. But Hulu is only available in the United States and Japan. If you want to watch Hulu from another country, you will have to use a virtual private network or VPN because direct access from other countries is not yet available.
Many Hulu users have a common complaint that Hulu keeps buffering on their device, and the video is not played.
Reasons Why Hulu Keeps Buffering
There is not a specific issue to why Hulu keeps buffering, but there can be few things that can cause this problem to occur.
First of all, make sure that Hulu servers are not down if they are down you won’t be able to play anything on Hulu till they are up once again.
- App or Device problem- There is a possibility that the app is not loaded correctly, and still there remains some corrupted file. There can also be the problem that your device is not configured correctly with the Hulu app. To solve this simply reinstall the app and you are good to go.
- New Updates available/Outdated Hulu app/Outdated Operating system- You won’t be able to play any video on Hulu if you have outdated Hulu app or obsolete operating system. Hulu simply doesn’t allow its users to play any kind of content if an update is available to resolve this issue reinstall the Hulu App.
- Slow Internet speed- To play high Definition video on Hulu users require high-speed internet connection. Slow internet connection is the most significant cause for buffering. To solve this issue, contact your internet service provider or directly connect the ethernet cable and reduce the number of devices using Wifi.
How To Fix Hulu Keeps Buffering Problem?
Below are the working solutions which can help you in fixing this issue:
1. Check for updates
Buffering problems in Hulu can be triggered if you are using an outdated application or old operating system. This issue can be solved by updating the OS and app to the latest operating system. For your web browser, you don’t need to anything as the web browsers bet auto-updated.
But for your application and OS, you need to switch on Auto updates then you will have no problem in streaming your favourite TV shows and movies.
If this method doesn’t work, try the next one.
2. Check for app or device problem
Hulu application might have corrupted file which can trigger this buffering issue. If you restart the application, the device and its OS will most probably resolve all the problems. You can also try clearing cache to resolve this issue.
You can clear the cache by following the given steps-
On Application (Hulu):
- Go to “Settings“ and select “Application/App“.
- Search the “Hulu“ app and open it.
- Then press “Clear Cache“ or “Clear Data“.
On Web Browser:
- Open your web browser and select the “Settings bar“ on the top right corner
- Now select “Settings/Options“ in the drop-down menu.
- Select “Privacy & Settings“.
- You will find cookies and data in there, then select “Clear Data“.
3. Check your internet speed
To play high Definition video on Hulu users require a high-speed internet connection. Slow internet connection is the most significant cause for buffering.
To solve this issue, contact your internet service provider or directly connect the ethernet cable and reduce the number of devices using Wifi. If you are having slow or lousy internet, there is very much possibility your video will keep on buffering. The internet speed must have the required speed to play high definition videos.
4. Try changing your web browser
There can be a problem with your web browser that Hulu keeps buffering in your device. This issue can be simply resolved by changing your web browser.
We sincerely hope that the information mentioned above is helpful to solve the issue of why Hulu keeps buffering and how you can watch your favourite movies and Tv shows.