Updates in Windows are very familiar, and they happen by various sorts of connected factors. A standard error code which has been notified by Windows 10 users that mainly occurs while attempting to update the Windows OS. This error code is called Windows Update Error 0x800703e3, and it only happens with Windows 10 OS. If this error code is showing to and you want to get its solution, then in this article we will tell you how to solve the issue of Windows update error 0x800703e3.
How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3 [Step-By-Step]
To fix this update error 0x800703e3, you will have to do three steps:
- First Run Windows Update Troubleshooter, if this doesn’t work.
- Secondly, you can try Resetting Windows Update Components manually.
- And finally, you need to Install Windows update manually.
How to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- After you follow the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen. Then run the troubleshooter find whether any problems exist which is preventing your PC from downloading and installing the updates.
- By doing this, the Windows Update related temporary files will be emptied.
- Now, all you need to do is empty all the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder, check the standing of Windows Update-related Services.
- Repair and reset Windows Update components, and then check for any remaining updates and more.
Try updating the windows and if still the problem persists try the next method which is resetting windows components manually.
How to Reset Windows Update Components manually
This problem can also be caused due to some kind of corrupted files in your operating system. Thus, if the issue still persists even after manually installing the Windows updates, all you have to do is reset Windows Components by following the given steps-
- First, you need to open an elevated command prompt.
- Then type the commands given below and press enter after opening every command to cease operating the Windows Update and similar services.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Now to remove all the qmgr*.dat files from your PC type the given in the command prompt and press Enter run.
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
- The system will ask confirmation, press Y to confirm it.
- Then you have to change the names of the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folders.
- Type the given command in the command prompt window and press enter after typing the command.
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
- In order to reset the Windows Update and BITS service to its default security descriptor, all you have to do is type the commands given below in the elevated command prompt window. One thing to keep in mind is press enter after every command to execute them.
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
- After doing this type the following command to move to system32 directory.
cd /d %windir%\system32
- Now re-register the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Services) files and all the DLL files related Windows Update. Type the given commands one by one and do not forget to hit enter after each command-
- After you successfully re-register the Windows Update related DLL file and the BITS files, you will be required to reset the network configurations. So, type in the given command and press enter after each one.
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
- Now you have to restart the stopped services like Windows Update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Cryptographic services. Thus, type the text code given below in the command prompt window and press enter after each and every command.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Now the window will be automatically closed by Exit command after running the other commands. When the above procedure is completed correctly, reboot the PC in order to save the changes.
If the problem still persists even after resetting the Windows components, try the next method given below.
How To Install Windows Updates Manually
In some cases, Windows Update Error 0x800703e3 code happens because of a temporary issue with the Windows Update servers and such kind of problem can be solved easily.
In order to resolve this kind of issue, first, you need to check if there is any pending update that is failing to download.
Follow the instructions given down below in order to download and install the updates manually:
- First of all, you need to run Windows Settings using the Win+I shortcut in your keyboard.
- Scroll and then select Update & Security > Windows Updates.
- Now look at the right side of the screen and select the View update history option.
- The next page that will open is going to display you a whole list of various updates which were successfully downloaded and installed on your device the list will also show some of the updates that might be failed to install.
- Check for the KB number mentioned of the Windows update that was recently failed and note it down, now navigate to the Microsoft Update Catalog page.
- Now all you have to do is type the KB number noted in the search box on the next screen and after that hit Enter to search for the result.
- From the results shown in the search list, download the one for the correct version of your Windows for your PC.
- Once the update is finally downloaded, double-click on the downloaded updates and then install the updates.
- Now, in the end, you have to restart your PC to check if this method worked and the problem is fixed.
We sincerely hope that the information mentioned above is informative on Windows update error 0x800703e3 and how to solve this issue. Make sure to check out all of our latest technology updates and tech trends.
- How To Get Netflix On Sony Bravia TV? [Step-By-Step Guide]
- How Netflix Makes Money From Movies | Netflix Monthly Profit
- Why Is My Facebook Live Video Blurry And How To Fix It?
- How To Get Netflix On Sony Bravia TV? [Step-By-Step Guide]