Why are YouTube Videos Not Working On Chrome? Well, being the world’s popular browser, we can expect some unusual behaviour from Google Chrome. It’s not the first time that Chrome has shown errors to us but in the past also there were many unusual activities.
Currently, YouTube is not working on Chrome and the issues can be:
- Rendering of graphics drivers
- Corrupted extension in Google Chrome
- Cached data confliction
- Hardware acceleration problem
How To Fix YouTube Videos Not Working On Chrome [Step by Step Process]
1. Clearing Browser Data
Browser data can sometimes affect our browsing experience and the loading of a particular website. This should be the first thing you do when you face such problems. To clear the web browser data:
- Simple, press ‘CTRL+H’ on your keyboard to open the browsing history of Chrome.
- From the left-hand side, click on ‘Clear browsing data’, select the ‘Time range = All Time’ in ‘Basic’ tab. Then select ‘Cookies and other sites data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ from the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Clear data’ button and restart your browser. Check if the problem is fixed or not.
2. Disabling Hardware Acceleration
If your Chrome’s hardware acceleration is on, try to disable it and check if it fixes the YouTube not working problem or not. To do this:
- Open a new tab and type ‘Chrome://settings‘ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Advanced’ button to open more settings options.
- Under ‘System’, simply ‘Toggle Off’ the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available‘ option.
- Restart your browser and check.
3. Checking Corrupted Extensions
Have you recently installed any extension? Maybe that extension is the cause of this problem because it can be corrupted. You may want to disable that extension as well. To do this:
- Type ‘Chrome://extensions‘ in a new tab and hit the enter key.
- Here, you’ll see all the extensions your Chrome is using. Now, you just have to ‘Turn Off’ every extension one by one and check if the issue is fixed or not.
4. Update Graphics Card Drivers
If you have a graphics card in your pc and if you don’t have the drivers of that card, you may need to download them. Download the graphics card drivers (Nvidia or RMD or Intel) and reboot your PC.
Or, you can simply update your current drivers also if you have them.
- Press the ‘Windows’ button from your keyboard.
- Type ‘Device manager’ and hit the enter key.
- Go to the ‘Display adapters’ and right-click on your graphics driver.
- Choose the option ‘Update drivers‘.
- Follow the steps to update and reboot your PC again.
Check if this resolves the issue or not.
5. Force Restart Google Chrome
Sometimes, our Chrome may create such issues and simply force restarting can fix the issues. To force restart the Chrome:
- Right-click on the ‘Taskbar’ and choose the ‘Task Manager‘ option.
- In the ‘Task Manager’, click on ‘More Details’ if there are fewer details.
- Select the ‘Google Chrome’, right-click on it and choose the option ‘End Task‘. This will end all the task running by Chrome.
- Open the Chrome and check it again.
6. Reinstalling Google Chrome
If the problem still retains, then uninstalling the Chrome and simply reinstalling back can fix the issue.
- Press ‘Windows’ key and type ‘Add or remove programs‘. Hit the enter key.
- Find ‘Google Chrome’, click on it and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Go to the ‘Google Chrome‘ website and download the latest version of Chrome.
Hope you like the guide ‘YouTube videos not working on Chrome – How to fix it‘. We also share the latest technology trends, make sure you check them out and follow us on social media.