FaceApp “Something Went Wrong” Error Fix – This guide is helpful in fixing the FaceApp Error. You’ll find a working solution here in this guide.
FaceApp, a mobile application that was launched on 2017, has become popular overnight due to its new exciting filters especially the “Old” filter as the community is curious to find out how they might look in the future. However, because of its popularity and huge traffic caused by users around the world, the users are facing the “Something Went Wrong” error when they are trying to use the filter.
If any of you are experiencing this error, the various methods below will help you get your FaceApp bounce back to normal quickly.
How To Fix “Something Went Wrong” FaceApp Error
Below are the 3 working methods that will help you in fixing this error and you can be able to use FaceApp easily:
Method 1: Virtual Private Network (VPN)
As FaceApp is trying to fix the issues of the huge traffic by blocking access to some of the countries, a VPN has required to overcome this issue. A VPN can help you bypass the restrictions placed by FaceApp.
- Download any stable VPN from either the Play Store/App Store or the browser.
- Open the VPN app and connect to any of the servers that are not blocked by FaceApp available in the app.
- After the VPN is set and connected, open FaceApp and you won’t be able to see the “Something Went Wrong” error again.
Few Famous VPNs are Nord VPN, Turbo VPN, Secure VPN and BetterNet.
Method 2: Clear Storage and Cache
By clearing the storage and cache, it will help free all the old files and cache from the app making it recent.
- Open the “Settings” app on your device.
- Go to the “Apps & Notifications” and search for FaceApp.
- Click on “FaceApp” and access the Storage.
- Click on “Clear Cache” and “Clear Storage”.
Now, launch FaceApp and it should be operating perfectly void of the “Something Went Wrong” error.
Method 3: Re-install FaceApp
If the above method doesn’t work, then you must do a complete reinstallation.
- Tap and hold on the FaceApp application, now drag it to the uninstall option. Or simply choose the uninstall option to remove the app.
- Or go to “Settings > Apps and Notifications > FaceApp”.
- In the FaceApp tab, click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Once it is done being uninstalled, install FaceApp again.
- Launch the app.
This method is commonly used by many users and seems to be the most successful method. Let me know which method works for you best in the comment section.
Hope the “Something Went Wrong” FaceApp error has resolved. If the app is still facing the same error, then you have to wait for the FaceApp developers to find and implement a solution.